Our Intent for Music at Abbot Alphege Academy
At Abbot Alphege Academy our intent is to, engage, motivate and inspire our pupils to develop a love of music both in respect to its appreciation and its creation as well as recognising their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity, at Abbot Alphege we are committed to ensuring our pupils understand the value and importance of music in the wider community, British and Worldwide culture. The children will be given the opportunity to use their musical skills, knowledge, and experiences top involve them-selves in music in a variety of different context.
The aims of our Music curriculum are to develop pupils to:
- Sing and use their voices.
- Create and compose music on their own and with others.
- Have the opportunities to learn a variety musical instruments.
- Understand the work of great composers and musicians.
- Enjoy and have an appreciation for music.
- Use musical language.
- Make judgements about the quality of music.
- Take part in performances.
- Perform and share a range of musical styles.
- Listen, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions.
We use the Charanga Scheme to support our teaching of Music.
Full Music Curriculum coming soon.